How to get to the Gale Literary Index
The Gale Literary Index gives you a list of printed resources in the library to find information on your literary work.
1. Go to the BPCC Library webpage at bpcc.edu/library
2. Under the research box, click on the yellow tab, All Databases
3. On the “Select a Database" box, scroll down to Gale Literary Index
4. Click "Go"
5. Select Title Search
6. Click on the second option circle, Match all words entered
7. Enter the title of your work in the search box and click on search
8. Print your results to take to the library
Note: New student’s accounts may not be active on the first few days of classes. If new students need to access the databases from off campus before that time, they may contact the BPCC Library at 678-6275.
How to Access the Databases Remotely (Off-Campus)
BPCC Library Online Catalog
Use the BPCC Library Online Catalog to search for items in the BPCC Library. A search box for the Online Catalog is available on the library homepage www.bpcc.edu/bpcclibrary/. There is no need to login when searching the catalog. If you wish to view your Library account, click on My Account and login. Your user ID is your LoLA UserName Your PIN is your 6 digit birthday. The My Account feature allows you to view due dates on items you have checked out and to place holds on needed items.
Steps to Find, View & Print eBooks
Note: You cannot print the entire eBook due to copyright restrictions.
For more information on finding your LoLA username, click here.
To see if the textbook you need is on reserve, search for the title in the box below or click Reserve Desk.
Check-out time for books on reserve is limited to 2 hours.
Your BPCC Student ID is needed to check out a book on reserve.